Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Dad's Bike, Finished

After doing everything I could imaging to get dad's bike going without making that god-awful noise coming from the drive-train, I gave up on it for a while, and worked on some other things for a couple of days. I was going to take it apart one more time today, and put it back together, and hope for the best, but when I rode it up to the deck, I noticed the noise was much subdued. I made a couple more adjustments with the rear derailleur, and it's riding fairly well. I still feel a little bit of vibration in some of the gears, and it doesn't shift strongly while going up hills, but most of them feel pretty smooth, and the noise is gone for the most part. Considering how cheap the bike is, I believe it's performing at an acceptable level at this point. Gabe's put about 45 miles on it over the last couple of days, so it looks like the job is done (for now).

0 comments:

Post a Comment