Tuesday, October 12, 2010

End of Summer Garden

The prime garden season is quickly coming to a close. It's October 12, and we still haven't had a frost yet, but there are only a couple of tomatoes left to pick, and I just picked the rest of the peppers and eggplants. Even the pumpkins and squash are starting to wind down. I still have some things planted for the fall garden; Brussels sprouts, kale, parsnips and lettuce are still going strong, but they just don't have the appeal of a nice ripe tomato. Hopefully within the next couple of days I can muster enough enthusiasm to create a little synopsis of the summer garden, so I have a list of things that went right and things that went wrong. Overall, it was certainly a success. It produced more vegetables than I could eat, and it kept me busy for most of the summer. It definitely gave me an experience to build off of for my next garden.

0 comments:

Post a Comment